Saturday, May 16, 2009

mommy when will you.......

Every mom has those moments....the one when your child says something to embarrass you in public. Well kitkat thought the line in the post office on a busy weekend would be a great time to ask me (loudly) " mommy...  when are you gonna get married ?!!!?!! its taking to long." Oh man I felt kinda silly....first off I had been editting all day so I was in comfy clothes...lets say I didnt look like I would get a man anytime soon. Biggest bummer was there were some good looking men in line, older and no wedding rings. I few people snickered and commented on how cute she is, but I just wanted her to quit babbling!
Let me explain, we watch alot of princess movies at our home. We play house with babies all the time too. Kaitlyn understands that once you get married you have babies. Lately the questions are "mommmy does kambria (bills (my ex) sister who is newly married) have a baby in her tummy yet?" and ones like " mommy your lovely like the pretty brides your a picture taker for, you should wear a pretty dress and I can have one too right?"...." mommy (while she watches me edit) they love each other right, you kiss when you love each other...right?....who do you kiss mommy?" last is one of my favorite things shes noticed, I dont know how they are so smart and observant but the other day she said "mommy you dont have a boyfriend just a lot lot of boys you date..right? when are you gonna have a boyfriend?" Last and the point to the kitkat quotes... is "mommy are you gonna have more babies?" I replied "one day yes, but it will be a while" and then she said " you should find your prince and get married and have me and billy a sister...we need a sister, cause I only have a brother and hes a BOY!!!!"
 Heres another kit kat moment that is worthy of blogging for my family (whos scattered across the u.s) 
Kitkat had a program in kindergarden the other day, so me and lil billy headed over to watch nursery rhyme theater. I passed on my pigeon toed trait to my children, its something I grew out of for the most part but I still stand that way when nervous. Kaitlyn runs, walks and stands with her cute little feet turned in a bit, so she tends to trip easily. I had to laugh when she managed to stumble on her own feet twice while walking to the stage, and 3 times while up on stage. We only had one full on fall and it was a mild one thank goodness! Hopefully she grows out of it but for now I love her little turned in toes...its perfect and endearing. 
now I  gotta get back to work 
xoxo B

3 comments:

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

What did you learn from this? Never take Kaitlyn with you to the post office:) jk, {B} she's just saying the things that all the older people in the world try not to say to single young LDS women. Unless you're me, who comes from a family who thinks it's there job to point out that I might be too old to have children now.

Joni and Rico Adams said...

I love this. Stories about the kiddies are so priceless. One time in the grocery line Jordan who was I think 4 or 5 said, "Mom that man has had too many twinkies huh?" And yes the man was very large and he said it loud enough for all to hear. I can't wait for those moments!

Denise said...

So cute! I love the things little kids come up with...so sweet & innocent.